A black and red Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R will play a leading role in the next Transformers movie, which in usual fashion was confirmed by director Michael Bay.
The brains behind the movie posted a photo of the GT R presumably in Arizona—note the Saguaro cacti—on his blog with the simple caption, "Drift".
Presumably, since the GT R isn't moving in the photo, Bay is referring to Autobots member Drift, a converted Decepticon.
Filming for the movie, whose title is Transformers: The Last Knight, started earlier in the summer. It's the fifth installment in the franchise series and possibly the last to be directed by Bay.
Drift will join other confirmed vehicular cast members, including:
- Hound, an Autobot that transforms into an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle
- Crosshairs, an Autobot that transforms into a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Sqweeks, an Autobot that transforms into a Vespa
- Barricade, a Decipticon that transforms into a Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] Mustang police car
- And, of course, Bumblebee, an Autobot that transforms into a yellow and black Chevrolet Camaro