While you're sitting at your desk reading this, remember that a lucky Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] engineer was blasting through the Southern California desert in a brand new F-150 Raptor.
This wasn't just some gentle drive down an old mining road, it was a high-performance drive more akin to what we would expect to find in a Best in the Desert race. Hey, at least the folks at Ford recorded the fun so that we can live vicariously.
ALSO SEE: 7,388 feet is the new hoverboard record
The video doesn't necessarily reveal anything new about the F-150 Raptor, but Ford says it is the first in what will become a six-part series showing off some of the new, 2017 F-150 Raptor's increased capabilities ahead of the market launch later this year. This particular video is mostly eye candy, but Ford has some exciting stuff planned for upcoming videos.
Here's what the automaker says is yet to come:
- Video 2: All-new BF Goodrich KO2 Tires
- Video 3: Six preset driving modes that optimize F-150 Raptor’s performance for virtually every terrain
- Video 4: Long-travel suspension that is the crown jewel of F-150 Raptor
- Video 5: How great design enhances F-150 Raptor’s capability
- Video 6: Ultimate off-road capability