Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard of Justin Bieber. Unless you're under 21, though, you probably can't hum one of his tunes. That could be because you're out of touch with The Kids, or possibly because Bieber is from another planet (metaphorically speaking).
Seriously, we took a very brief, non-exhaustive inventory of our own adolescence and compared it to the Bieb's, and we have noticed several worlds of differences. Apart from his curious lack of acne and our own love/hate relationship with Accutane, here are some key observations:
1. We are not Canadian.
2. We were not accidentally discovered on YouTube. (Other video sharing sites, maybe. But not YouTube.)
3. We had no hit singles.
4. We had no hair like Kate Gosselin.
5. We were not on a first-pseudonym basis with hip hop stars like Usher and Ludacris.
6. We were not given a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder by P. Diddy/Puffy/Puff Daddy/Diddy/Sean Combs on our 16th birthday. (Really! Proof at the link below.)
7. We did not drive our friends around Los Angeles in said Lamborghini convertible en route to Pinkberry.
8. We were not voted most likely to tour North Korea (but only because the "most likely" ballots had already been mimeographed).
And most importantly of all:
9. We never had the opportunity to top Lady Gaga.
[SocialiteLife, with help from Nelson]