Yelp users generally think otherwise, but screwed up takeout seldom ruins lives.
Unfortunately, Paul Wilson's tikka masala proved to be just such as order. Because as ITV reported this week, the 38-year-old Englishman died when North Yorkshire restaurant Indian Garden failed to heed his pleas to keep his meal nut-free. It's a tragic incident, and one which was aggravated when the restaurant's apology email to customers also contained an appeal to try its new desserts.
Owner Mohammed Zaman will serve six years. Here's what else happened this week:
- On the forums, users are often told a thread is "useless without pics." That said, it's possible to go in the other direction, as there are NASA missions with less photographic documentation than this Honda-Tech user's 1996 Civic.
- German cars can be fantastic, but they're ruthlessly expensive to maintain. So would you buy a hyper-custom 10-year-old CLS55 AMG if it came with a warranty? MBWorld members are currently wrestling with that question.
- While there may be some specialized forums where it might not be idiotic to solicit financial advice, CorvetteForum isn't one of them. But anyone should know that defaulting on a title loan isn't a smart way to sell your car. Wow.
- Tailgating is bad, and brake checking is bad too. But video is good, and the crowd on ClubLexus got some major kicks watching a Subaru driver get brake-checked by a Honda driver, come back for more, and then wreck themselves.
- The 928 is a favorite Porsche on RennList, so when one fan wondered whether the much-maligned GT was a clean sheet design, many members chimed in with opinions. The discussion is now at 106 comments and counting.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!