"I read it for the articles" always sounded like a punchline.
But come March, it'll be true. Because pioneering men's magazine Playboy has announced it's dropping nude pictorials from the menu. And while nobody can accuse the company of acting too quickly—given the Internet is 95 percent porn—the move will almost certainly give the publication more mainstream appeal.
Thanks for the memories, Hef. Here's what else happened this week:
- The Spool Bus is a first-gen Chevy Blazer that sports a massive twin-turbo V-8 in place of its stock six-pot, makes between 700 and 800 horsepower, shoots fire, and has a working stop sign. Obviously, LS1Tech loves it to death.
- While RennList is no stranger to track cars, the preferred marque is Porsche. But that doesn't mean a little Italian flavor isn't welcome. Especially when it comes in the form of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo.
- The question of what cars the characters of the Star Wars universe would drive has haunted humanity for decades. But MustangForums has found the answers in the form of an amazing video. And yes, Jar Jar rocks a PT Cruiser.
- You're not a proper enthusiast if you haven't dreamed of finding forgotten treasure in a barn. So the folks on CorvetteForum were pretty stoked to read about not one, but two 1950s-era Corvettes found stashed away since the 1970s.
- The men who walked on the moon paid a terrible price, in that the thrill of their adventures on the lunar landscape would never find an equal. And that's roughly how this 6SpeedOnline editor feels about driving the Bugatti Veyron.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!