No, you're not imagining it. People are actually getting dumber.
New proof comes via the United Kingdom's Independent, which revealed authorities in locales as far-flung as Houston, Texas and southern England's hamlet of Kingston had to remind citizens that while it's inconvenient for many, their officers are powerless to restore access to Facebook. Yes, people call 911—and 999—over a website outage.
Remember that next time you cringe after doing something stupid. Here's what else happened this week:
- For most folks, the latest Miata is going to be perfect right out of the box. But 949 Racing isn't most folks, and the members of MiataTurbo are freaking over its latest project. This Miata is on track to produce 200 horsepower.
- Other than fourth-gen Camaros, there's nothing the wizards at LS1Tech love more than a wicked-quick sleeper—and the sleepier the better. So you can imagine the reception this drag wagon got. It hit 108 mph in the 1/8 mile.
- The Z06 has been dogged with heat soak since deliveries started. And now, the car used during Motor Trend's annual Best Driver's Car competition scored a DNF. It's a big hit for the Big Nasty. CorvetteForum is pissed.
- Ever wondered what it would be like to take a 911 down to the bare metal and turn it into the Porsche of your dreams? Wonder no more, as RennList member Maxem documented the whole process. Orange you glad he did?
- The Ford-Trucks crowd wants a new Bronco so bad, they'll believe anything they hear about its rumored return. Is the "anonymous source" cited here a transient that hangs out at the author's local Gas'N'Sip? Maybe.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!