Not long ago, Pluto officially lost its status as a planet.
But dismissing something as a dwarf from 3.6 billion miles away is easy. Upon closer inspection, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft discovered a dynamic, mountainous landscape, along with moons theorized to contain frozen water. All the new data will keep scientists busy for decades.
Of course, this monumental achievement was ignored on the forums. Here's what happened this week:
- A member on 6SpeedOnline is selling his '68 Mustang. But it's not just any old Mustang. This example sports an I-6 where the V-6 used to be, and the 2JZ engine—think Toyota Supra—is putting down over 700 horsepower at the wheels.
- HDForums admired the restraint of a biker assaulted by an old, road-raging, nut. After watching the irate driver shove his female passenger, and even taking a couple of punches, he simply pinned him down. Witness incredible charity.
- Junkyard gold was discovered on LS1Tech. An unfortunate driver had stuffed a '95 Camaro Z28, but declined to take off all the go-fast goodies before sending the wreck off to the boneyard. Here's hoping the previous owner is okay.
- Manual or automatic? Black or chrome wheels? Full- or semi-auto? Mostly, CorvetteForum members don't agree on much. But none seem terribly fond of the C7's Bose stereo package. Also? Please, just stay off their lawns.
- As the old saying goes, nothing brings a bunch of Ford owners together like the spectacle of a broken Chevy. And that's exactly what happened on Ford-Trucks. A surfboard does not an off-road package make. Check the carnage.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!