With SUV sales booming in most major markets, it’s little wonder Jeep’s turning out to be the crown jewel of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles portfolio. Jeep’s global sales in 2016 reached 1.41 million units, an impressive 12 percent rise on 2015’s record result.
Jeep in recent years has focused on renewing and expanding its smaller offerings, with 2017 seeing a redesigned Compass introduced. There are bigger Jeeps in the works, though these, like a redesigned Grand Cherokee mid-sizer and new Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer full-size SUVs, are still a couple of years off.
If you’re in the market for a new Jeep today, here’s what you can look forward to in the showroom.
- Keyless Go now standard.
- HID headlights and automatic high-beam headlights now available.
- Altitude and Deserthawk special-edition models introduced.
- Redesigned model introduced for 2017.
- Features inline-4, standard front-wheel drive and available all-wheel drive.
- Front-wheel-drive models can be equipped with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic.
- Four-wheel-drive models can be equipped with a 6-speed manual or 9-speed automatic.
- Features Sport, Latitude, Limited and Trailhawk trim.
- Trailhawk features Jeep Active Drive Low four-wheel-drive system.
- Features Uconnect infotainment system.
- Previous-generation model to remain on sale in 2017 as Compass X.
- HID headlights now standard on all trim levels except Sport.
- Trailhawk trim gets more standard features including Nappa leather trim and heated and ventilated front seats with 8-way power adjustment for the driver’s seat.
- LED headlights and foglights now standard on Sahara and Rubicon trim and available on Sport and Sport S trim.
- Cold-weather package now available on Sport S and Rubicon trim.
- Redesigned model to be introduced for 2018.
- Rearview camera and rear park sensors now standard.
- New Trailhawk and Summit trim introduced.
- Revised grille design on regular trim.
- Revised grille and front bumper on SRT trim.
- Trackhawk model with Hellcat supercharged V-8 to be introduced for 2018.
To find out what's new from your favorite brand, click here.