After rapidly expanding its lineup with niche products like the Paceman and Coupe and Roadster models, Mini decided to prune back its lineup with the arrival of its third-generation range.
This has seen the niche products disappear and the lineup streamlined to four distinct product lines, the latest of which, the second-generation Countryman, has been introduced for 2017. The others include the Hardtop, Convertible and Clubman.
Here’s a rundown of what's new from Mini for 2017.
2017 Mini Hardtop:
- Mini Seven special edition trim added.
2017 Mini Convertible:
2017 Mini Clubman:
- John Cooper Works Clubman added.
- John Cooper Works features turbocharged inline-4, choice of 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic transmissions, and all-wheel drive.
2017 Mini Countryman:
- Redesigned model introduced for 2017.
- Size increased compared to previous model.
- Available in Cooper, Cooper S and Cooper S E ALL4 trim.
- Cooper features turbocharged 1.5-liter inline-4, choice of 6-speed automatic or manual transmissions, and choice of front- or all-wheel drive.
- Cooper S features turbocharged 1.5-liter inline-4, choice of 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmissions, and choice of front- or all-wheel drive.
- Cooper S E ALL4 features plug-in hybrid powertrain combining turbocharged inline-4, 6-speed automatic, electric motor and all-wheel drive.
- John Cooper Works Countryman to be introduced for 2018.
To find out what's new from your favorite brand, click here.