The German retail arm of Mercedes-Benz has released images and figures on the upcoming 2015 C63 AMG sedan, and so far, things are looking rather great--including the wagon.
Of course, given the looks and performance of the standard 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, that’s no surprise—especially not after AMG has had its turn massaging the car into something more track-worthy.
MUST SEE: Ride Along In A Lamborghini Countach 5000S Flat Out: Video
As yet, these specs and details are only for the German market, and may well change before making the translation to America, but they do give us some good insight into the basic outlines of the car.
So what’s the deal? The 2015 C63 AMG gets a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 engine similar to the one found in the new AMG GT. Rated at 503 hp and 516 lb-ft, the new engine is considerably stronger than the 6.2-liter normally aspirated V-8 from the previous-generation C63 AMG. Despite the boosted power output, the C63 AMG claims gas mileage of 28 mpg or better in European testing.
One notable absence is the lack of the any mention of 4Matic all-wheel drive, a feature that's become common to all AMG sedans in the U.S. of late. The C63 AMG may come in rear-drive form for the U.S., as well, the better to allow for the fun of tail-out action.
ALSO SEE: Infiniti Q80 Inspiration Concept: 2014 Paris Auto Show Preview
2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
As for the options and specs, the retail site lists these features:
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch with five AMG-specific driving modes "Individual", "Comfort", "Sport", "Sport +" and "Race"
- AMG rear axle locking differential, electronically controlled
- AMG rear axle with independent wheel carriers, wheel bearings and AMG-specific elastokinematics
- AMG high-performance composite brake system
- 390-mm-composite brake discs at the front and one-piece brake discs with a diameter of 360 mm at the rear axle
- Brake calipers in red with black "AMG" lettering
- AMG ceramic high-performance composite brake system (optional) with composite brake discs and red painted brake calipers with "AMG" lettering
- AMG cooling with additional Radlaufwasserkühler
- AMG engine mount dynamic
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension with adaptive variable damping in three stages
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission with manual mode "M" and Race Start function
- AMG sports exhaust system with two chromed twin switchable tailpipes and flap control over key
- AMG speed-sensitive sports steering
- AMG front axle with independent steering knuckles, wheel bearings and AMG-specific elastokinematics
On the features front, the C63 AMG will also offer:
- Black armrests in the doors and in the center console in leather ARTICO man-
- AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather / microfiber DINAMICA black in 3-spoke design
- AMG instrument cluster with 13.97 cm (5.5 ") large multifunctional display in TFT technology and AMG main menu incl. RACETIMER and red inserts
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch on the center console to select the five driving programs "Individual", "Comfort", "Sport", "Sport +" and "Race"
- AMG door sill panels illuminated in white in front LED technology
- AMG-specific displays in the instrument cluster, on the monitor screen of the head unit and the optional Head-up display
- AMG-specific door center panels in ARTICO man-made leather trim in black with crystal gray
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Floor mats in black with "AMG" lettering
- Headliner in black cloth
- Instrument panel upper part and curbs in ARTICO man-made leather with contrasting stitching in gray crystal
- Sports seats with improved lateral support, AMG-specific seat fluting and AMG badge in the front seat backrests
- Upholstery leather ARTICO / DINAMICA microfibre black with contrasting topstitching in gray crystal consisting of
- Seats with side bolsters in leather black ARTICO man with black trim in crystal gray and seat center panels in microfiber DINAMICA
- designo seat belts crystal gray
- Aluminum trim with longitudinal cut light
And finally, when it comes to design:
- AMG rear apron with three diffuser fins and trim strip in matt silver iridium
- AMG high-performance composite brake system
- AMG light-alloy wheels in 5-twin-spoke design
- AMG bonnet with power domes
- AMG fender with "V8 BITURBO" logo on front
- AMG radiator grille with double blade in silver chrome and "AMG" lettering
- AMG side sill panels with inserts in iridium silver matt
- AMG front apron with front splitter and A-Wing in high gloss black, trim strip A-Wing in iridium silver matt and large air inlets with black flics for additional guidance of the cooling air flows
- AMG sports exhaust system with two chromed twin tailpipes switchable aperture
- LED High Performance headlamps