Generally, asking a couple how they met is an innocuous conversation starter.
That said, lovebirds Donna Roberts and Mark Ellis have a particularly inspiring story, even if it might be a little difficult to tell in a stuffy room. Because as the New Zealand Herald reported this week, the pair hooked up because Roberts' number was maliciously written on a bathroom wall, under the line "for a good shag call." Call Ellis did, and today, they have two lovely children.
Let's hope it's not another Motorhead hoax. Here's what else happened this week:
- It's sad, but only about 20 percent of new Corvette owners opt to row their own gears. And the slushbox crowd is only getting bolder. Judging by this CorvetteForum thread, we expect that number to keep dropping.
- While it's small potatoes in comparison to VW's scandal, American icon Harley-Davidson has settled with Federal authorities over selling tuners which allowed owners to defeat pollution controls. HDForums doesn't care.
- For many gearheads, picking up a Porsche at the factory in Stuttgart sounds like the greatest vacation ever, and the folks on RennList highly recommend it, if you have the means. Here's everything you should know about the process.
- Lots of enthusiasts equate getting a minivan with surrendering all their cred. But with this 1,000-horsepower Odyssey, certifiably crazy builder Bisimoto proved you don't have to surrender entirely. Predictably, Honda-Tech is totally in love with it.
- Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] hit it out of the park with the Mustang Shelby GT350, but even the Blue Oval has to be surprised at some of the buyers it's poaching from high-end sports marques. Case in point? This thread on RennList is over 100 pages long.
Hit the links to get complete information on each story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!