Whether it's Eleanor you think of when you hear GT350 or the racing greatness of the original Shelby Mustangs, the new 2011 Shelby GT350 should quicken your pulse. If it doesn't, there's a 624-horsepower "R" tune add-on that will do the trick.
Yes, it's a Mustang, but don't let that fool you. The standard 525-horsepower supercharged 2011 GT350 scampers to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and runs the quarter-mile in 12 seconds dead at 121.4 mph. It can corner at 1.05 g, and shuts it down from 60 in 107 feet.
Opt for the R tune package and you'll get a brawny 624 horsepower out of the supercharged 5.0-liter V-8. Shelby hasn't released performance specs on the new R tune pack, but with another 99 horsepower on tap, it can only be faster. Other upgrades beyond the R tune supercharger include a Watts link rear suspension, track-worthy brakes, and a range of comfort and appearance mods.
Those looking to put the GT350 into SCCA wheel-to-wheel action also have a normally-aspirated option.
For the full list of components and options, hit page two.
Standard GT350 package components include:
- Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple black finish supercharger (supercharged version only)
- Shelby/Ford Racing suspension
- Shelby Caster camber plate kit
- Shelby/Baer 6 piston front brake kit with exclusive nickel anodized finish
- Shelby/Baer ERADISPEED rear rotor and brake pad upgrade
- Front and rear brake duct and cooling kit
- Shelby/Borla unique center exit exhaust
- Shelby/Cragar 19” alloy wheels shod with Goodyear performance tires
- Front fascia including traditional “running pony” badge
- Rear fascia including exclusive GT350 45th anniversary badge
- Unique tail light trim
- Rear deck lid filler panel
- Side Rockers with functional integrated brake cooling ducts
- Exclusive GT350 Guardsman Blue vinyl over-the-top and side stripes
- “Powered by Ford” fender mounted badges
- Serialized engine plate
- Shelby Engine cap set
- Serialized Dash plate with Shelby GT350 sequential serial number
- A-Pillar mounted gauge package
- Embroidered Carroll Shelby Signature front seat headrests
- Exclusive GT350 45th anniversary embroidered front floor mats
- Shelby GT350 45th Anniversary windbreaker jacket
- Carroll Shelby signed passenger airbag cover (subject to availability)
- Polished supercharger
- Shelby/Baer 6 piston rear brake upgrade
- Watts link rear suspension
- Goodyear street race tire package
- Painted over the top and side stripe kit
- Shelby/Kicker premium sound system
- Leather seating surfaces with contrasting stitching and red/white/blue insert on front seats
- Tone on tone embroidered GT350 on seat backs
- Console cover and shift boot
Customers interested in a Shelby GT350 can reach the Shelby American sales department at (702) 942-7325 or log ontogt350.shelbyamerican.com.