Ford Americas president, Mark Fields, had some bullish things to say about the new sedan:
“The Lincoln MKS will take Lincoln craftsmanship and comfort beyond anything we’ve built before,” Fields said. “Its design communicates power, motion and speed, and it will be packed with more technology and features than any Lincoln before it.”
Ford is also accelerating their plans to bring new models to the market. According to them, key new products include:
• Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossovers, which are expected to shake up this fast-growing market when they go on sale in November.
• Ford Shelby GT500, which is now on sale as the most powerful production Mustang ever.
• Lincoln MKZ, with its new 3.5-liter V-6 engine – which eventually will power one of every five Ford and Lincoln Mercury vehicles.
• Ford Expedition, Expedition EL and Lincoln Navigator, which go on sale in September, and the new Lincoln Navigator L in December. The new SUVs offer more standard safety equipment, best-in-class towing for Expedition, a usable third row and additional cargo space.
• Ford Explorer Sport Trac, which is now on sale with one of the segment’s only V-8 engines.
• Ford F-150 with increased towing to a best-in-class 10,500 pounds, new FX2 Sport edition and new 6.5-foot box for the Super Crew.
• New all-wheel-drive versions of the top-selling Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ – a technology that more than half of new buyers say they want in their next vehicle.
Click more to see a higher res version of the above drawing.