Sometimes, it seems humanity has learned little from the Terminator series.
For an example of just how little, we turn to the Russian city of Perm, where an advanced robot programmed with artificial intelligence escaped from a laboratory on Wednesday. While researchers did manage to track it down in under an hour, according to Australia's Nine News it was actually the machine's second escape attempt, which makes us wonder exactly what the Ruskies are doing to that bucket of bolts... because all of humanity will pay for it.
Here's what else happened this week:
- A deserted stretch of road and a brand-new Z06 sounds like a recipe for a great time. But one new owner got more than he bargained recently, and fortunately CorvetteForum has video of the heroically stupid looking crash.
- After an enthusiast on AudiWorld had his Q5 stolen, he asked his fellow forum members how the thief managed to boost it. That launched an extremely interesting discussion about a "black box" that'll open some cars with key fobs.
- The beak that Acura designers have saddled their vehicles with sparked derision from many fans on AcuraZine. So one member took matters into his own hands by rendering a "diamond pentagon" version of the RLX. And it's sexy.
- The Porsche Cayenne is one of the best-handling SUVs ever made. But in the hands of an underage idiot, it might as well be an aircraft carrier. The folks on RennList were understandably stressed about this horrific parking job.
- Most of the time, the expression "flying blind" is just a euphemism for not having enough information. But this week, the Ford-Trucks folks found a video of someone who actually pulled that off. This Bronco jumps with the hood up!
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!