America's annual celebration of gridiron greatness and gluttony is now upon us.
Obviously, bets will be placed on the Super Bowl's outcome. But according to the International Business Times, some adventurous folks have wagered on the spectacle's more idiosyncratic elements, including the color of Beyoncé's footwear, the outcome of the coin toss, and the probability of an earthquake or Left Shark sighting.
May the odds be ever in their favor. Here's what else happened this week:
- Much has been asked of America's Sports Car over the last six decades. But lately, CorvetteForum members have been inordinately preoccupied with "the number and quality of girls" it will attract. You know, for sex.
- Many a man has dreamed of building a Garage Mahal, and the folks on RennList have been posting pictures of their spaces, which range from classy and low-key to the truly lust-worthy. We should warn you, this thread is a rabbit hole.
- Honda abandoned the enthusiast market in 2009. But with the Civic Type R headed to the States, the S2KI crowd is optimistically drooling over some renders of a possible S2000 successor. Mid-engine, anyone?
- The motor press has written reams about the F-Type's gorgeous lines, and given the reaction some owners on JaguarForums have been relating, the general public doesn't disagree. The cars are actually stopping traffic.
- The 2017 Raptor has a V-6, and Ford-Trucks hates it. Because a truck with less then eight cylinders is about as American as Russian balet. But the gang sure approves of this 1953 F100 with a 5.0-liter Coyote swap.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!