Hot Pockets are best known for lava-like cores and gastric distress.
But today, an Ohio man is crediting a craving for the punishing pastry with saving his life. Jason Bentley would have been killed when a business jet crashed into his apartment building, but his last-minute move to head out for Hot Pockets kept him clear of the carnage. Bentley missed the impact by six minutes.
We guess it wasn't his time. Here's what else happened this week:
- For many Porsche enthusiasts, Singer makes the ultimate 911, and one lucky RennList member just took delivery of his truly spectacular commission. Carbon fiber body panels. 2,640 pounds. 400 horsepower. Have mercy.
- Folks on ClubLexus unsurprisingly think the LFA is one of the best-sounding supercars of all time. And if this video is any indication, it seems Lamborghini engineers also think it makes pretty good noise. Why else would it be testing at the Lambo factory?
- Recently, a customer took his 2015 Silverado in to a Chevy dealer complaining about a "strange whistling sound." Given that the wizards on LS1Tech are talking about the resulting video, you might be able to see where this is going.
- Everyone on HDForums knows crashing a motorbike isn't an "if" it's a "when." And since it's going to happen eventually, we'd be thrilled to have our get-off go as beautifully as it did for this bad-ass bagger rider. He made it look easy.
- Ford has been garnering reams of positive press about its new Shelby GT350, and one of the writers from MustangForums recently drove a red one around Los Angeles for a week. And he didn't bother to turn on the stereo once.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!