That's 15% higher than number two on the list, the Lamborghini Murcielago, ticking over at 495g/km CO2 in coupe form, or 500g/km as a roadster. Third through sixth place are much more closely grouped, spanning two Ferraris and the Dodge Viper in addition to one of the only non-supercars on the list: the Bentley Arnage/Azure/Brooklands, rated at 465g/km.
Ferrari's 430 Scuderia and California are downright green by comparison, emitting just 360g/km and 310g/km respectively. Some cars that might make the list - such as SSC's Ultimate Aero - aren't included due to their very small volume production and somewhat lower profiles. Near misses to the list include the Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG (392g/km) and Rolls-Royce Phantom (377g/km).
By way of comparison to some more 'normal' cars, the Nissan 350Z emits 280g/km, BMW's M3 Coupe puts out 285g/km and the Chevrolet Corvette is rated at 316g/km.
Top Ten Most Polluting Cars:
1. Bugatti Veyron: 571g/km
2. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640: 495g/km (500g/km in Roadster form)
3. Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano: 490g/km
4. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti: 475g/km
5. Bentley Arnage/Azure/Brooklands: 465g/km
6. Dodge Viper SRT-10: 463g/km
7. Ferrari F430 (Coupe & Spider): 420g/km
8. Hummer H2: 412g/km
9. Mercedes G500: 400g/km
10. Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur: 396g/km