German police officers generally aren't known for their great sense of humor.
But according to NBC News, two cops in Bendorf proved to be exceptionally good sports this week, when women at a raging party mistook them for part of the evening's entertainment. Unfortunately for the randy revelers, they were actual cops. The police vehicle outside proved key in convincing the ladies, and the incident was diffused after the party goers promised to quiet things down.
No word on whether strippers later showed. Here's what else happened this week:
- Would you buy a car sight unseen? Because that's the question one RennList member is wrestling with right now. Opinions here vary, but everyone seems to agree that $2,500 for a pre-purchase inspection is total robbery.
- Sure, there might be some old racing rivalry between Jaguar and Chevrolet, but today, we don't think many folks cross shop the brands. That said, at least one member on JaguarForums has just traded in his F-Type for America's sport's car, the Corvette.
- Buying a high-mileage car can be a gamble. Buying a high-mileage Aston Martin, however, ups the stakes quite a bit. It's more like Russian roulette than blackjack. So the folks on 6SpeedOnline must be a pretty brave bunch.
- Ford-Trucks is full of restorations, and we love seeing rusty junk turn into shiny runners. Every once is a while we stumble across a vehicle that's been so loved that not just one, but two restorations are required. This is one of those.
- Speculation about a possible mid-engine Corvette has reached a fever pitch. Folks are so interested, CorvetteForum even commissioned a rendering. While reviews on the forum have been mixed, we think it looks pretty sweet.
Hit the links to get complete information on each story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!