If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Especially in Mother Russia.
So when news broke that 16-year old gamer Ruslan Schedrin had won a month-long stay with adult film star Ekaterina Makarova, we were suspicious. Because even for a Russian online contest—already not the highest bar for legitimacy—it sounded slightly shady. But the knowledge it's likely a hoax detracts nothing Daily Mail's immensely entertaining report.
Schedrin's "mother's" quotes are priceless. Here's what else happened this week:
- The second-generation Toyota MR2 has a reputation for snap oversteer. So swapping the stock Toyota lump for a turbo K20 putting out 900-odd horsepower should make things interesting. This is why we love HondaTech.
- While hunting in the junkyard for 944 parts, one lucky RennList member stumbled across a relatively clean 1967 Porsche 912 body shell. The owner of the yard let it go for a quite reasonable $200. Who knows what's next?
- It's no secret that C7 paint has as much orange peel as the floor of a Tropicana plant. So to find out why General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] can't do better with its halo car, the CorvetteForum members asked Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter what gives.
- When Porsche debuted the Cayenne, the brand's fans erupted in fits of rage. But from what we're seeing on JaguarForums, Coventry's F-Pace will get a much warmer welcome. Will it become the marque's best seller?
- Either he got a killer deal, or this MBWorld regular will discover there are few things more expensive than a cheap German car. State Farm already totaled it and the general consensus is that this big Benz will screw him.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!