The most hardcore, track-focused version of the Camaro was just unveiled last week in New York, and we took some time to check it out and bring you our first-hand impressions.
So is this the Camaro you'll really want?
It's going to be surprisingly hardcore. Many people will find it objectionably loud, stiff, and uncompromising. Others will find it just about perfect.
We're probably going to be in the latter camp, as our own cars are often harsh, stiff, and loud. But we'll have to put it to the test to find out for sure.
If you've forgotten, the key stats of the new Z/28:
- 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 engine
- 500 horsepower
- 470 pound-feet of torque
- Track-bred suspension
- Carbon ceramic brakes
- Interior weight reduction
- Optional radio delete--and only 1 speaker standard
- Air conditioning optional
- Thinner rear glass
- Smaller battery
- No fog lights or HID headlamps available
- Pirelli PZero Trofeo R tires in 305/30 size--at both ends
- Transmission and differential coolers
- 1.05 g cornering grip
For the full details, be sure to visit our 2014 Camaro Z/28 preview
complete with live photos from the 2013 New York Auto Show.