It 's not everyday you see a functional cockpit controlled rear wing on a Mustang. In fact the only functional rear wings I have ever seen are found on newer Porcshes and the old Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. Those wings depended on how fast your mph got up to and it would raise or lower accordingly. This wing is fully controlled by you the driver.
Let's give thanks to Agent 47 out of Carlsbed, CA for coming up with this creation as you can now have that option at your fingertips.
The Agent 47 cockpit controlled rear wing is inspired by the innovative Chapparal Can-am cars of the 60’s that were eventually banned because of their frighteningly fast cornering speeds.
Unlike factory movable wings that extend and retract at predetermined speeds the Agent 47 wing is to be used at the drivers discretion like the radical racing technology banned in the 60’s. If the FIA ban were lifted you would see movable wings in all forms of racing. Some of the unfair advantages that you will experience are noted below.
The options associated with the wing:
- Raise wing for increased downforce, traction and stability in corners
- Lower the wing for decreased drag in high speed straights
- Driver controls the downforce and drag
- Factory wings do not know when you are in a corner or on a straight
- Rapid pneumatic wing not slow like factory wings, Less than one second actuation
- Lower the wing for drifting or increased oversteer
- Fixed wings designed for downforce will also increase drag, significantly lowering top speed
- Air Compressor, Reservoir, and Shift Knob with control buttons included
- Designed with the aid of Aerospace and
- racing aerodynamicists
- Typical installation time 6 to 8 hours