Many made the trek, only to find their childhood dream home draped with a tarp.
We're talking, of course, about the residence at 368 38th Street, in Astoria, Oregon, the iconic house from 1985 classic the Goonies. In the wake of the film's 30th anniversary, its sleepy little street has been besieged by up to 1,500 people per day, causing the current owner to throw in the towel—and throw up the tarps.
So a pilgrimage there is off the menu. At least we'll always have the forums. Here's what we found this week.
- After upgrading the turbos and installing a custom tune on his Porsche 997 GT2, a 6SpeedOnline member faced the nightmare scenario during hard acceleration at the track. A rod let go, and the internals got mangled. These pics are brutal. Ouch.
- MBWorld fans discussed the merits of poker player and "Instagram King" Dan Bilzerian using his Brabus-tuned Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG to ferry Playboy bunnies to his private jet. At least the only thing hurt here is the Teutonic tank's pride.
- Folks on JaguarForums were upset to witness a truck totally Mad Max an F-Type off the road, then flee the scene. We know the Southern California's freeways have a reputation for being bare-knuckle brawls, but this is insane.
- Road trips are all about driving, and we'll generally take tons of pictures along the way. But the perspective you don't often get is the one from the driver's seat. That's where this ClubLexus member shot all his pics, and he got some great ones.
- CorvetteForum is getting worried about the Z06's tendency to overheat. But at this point, General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] doesn't feel it's a problem. Could some trick insulation prevent hitting limp mode at track days? One member hopes that's the case.
Hit the links to get the full story. And tune in next week for more news from the forums!
Follow Motor Authority on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.