Nissan Leaf Gets Glow-In-The-Dark Paint Job To Promote Solar Energy: Video

Follow Jeff

Have you ever thought to yourself "Man, I wish my car was more visible at night!"? Well, Nissan may have you covered as they've managed to coat a Leaf with glow-in-the-dark paint. The resulting look is illuminating to say the least.

ALSO SEE: Wife Demolishes Cheating Husband’s Audi R8: Not So Fast, Definitely Furious

By snagging UV light during the day the paint gets charged up to glow when it gets dark. The idea behind the car is to show how Nissan Leaf owners can capture solar energy at home during the day and convert it into money-saving free electron juice to power the living space. According to Nissan, 89% of Leaf owners charger their vehicles at home overnight. We're not sure what the other 11% are doing but we assume it's looking at their expensive lawn ornaments.

Regardless, it's a fun way to shed light (pun intended) on good way to save money at home while working to help the environment. Also, it makes for what must be the coolest looking Nissan Leaf on the planet, outside of the Nismo version.

MUST WATCH: Dubai Police Fleet Shows Off At Night: Video

_______________________________________

Follow Motor Authority on FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

 
Follow Us

Take Us With You!

 

Related Used Listings

Browse used listings in your area.


 
© 2017 MotorAuthority. All Rights Reserved. MotorAuthority is published by Internet Brands Automotive Group. Stock photography by izmostock. Read our Cookie Policy.