2013 Nissan GT-R (Club Track Edition) entering Nürburgring 24 HoursEnlarge Photo
19) Since its unveiling in 2007, Nissan’s GT-R supercar has continued to evolve, with engineers putting it through some of the harshest conditions in order to help them fine tune the car over the remainder of its life.
One such test was the Nürburgring 24 Hours held this year, where this stock GT-R was photographed at dusk.
Piloted by Nissan’s first GT Academy winner Lucas Ordonez in the SP8T class, together with Kazunori Yamauchi, Yasukichi Yamamoto and Tobias Schulze, the GT-R emerged a class winner and the 30th finisher overall in the arduous endurance race.
With its brakes and tail-lights glowing, the car in this image perfectly conveys the performance potential of this world-beating supercar.
You’re now just a quarter of the way through our list of the 24 best car photos of 2012.
At any time, if you think there’s a better shot posted on Motor Authority that we’ve missed, feel free to let everyone know in the comments below.
Let's move on and see the 18 remaining photos on our list.
18) At number 18 it is this image of the BMW 4-Series concept
. This single shot of the BMW 4-Series concept, a preview of the production 4-Series Coupe due out next year, has helped reaffirmed our belief that BMW can still design a stunning vehicle. The concept’s sleek lines, muscular bulges and aggressive look all help convey the current style of BMW, though at the same time it also invokes qualities of several models from the automaker’s past.
17) If anyone doubted the performance potential of the Subaru BRZ, along with its Scion and Toyota cousins, this single shot showing the car taking off at this year’s Isle Of Man TT
should silence the critics.
16) With the Austrian Alps in the background, this image of the facelifted 2014 Audi R8
is simply breathtaking. With its choice of powerful V-8 and V-10 engines, quattro all-wheel-drive surefootedness and comfy cabin, we can think of few better cars to climb some mountains.
15) Next on the list is an image of one of the most exciting cars of the year, the new 2014 Jaguar F-Type
. The particular stretch of road depicted here would prove the ideal holiday spot for any auto fan, and with an F-Type in tow it would be pure bliss.
14) There’s something about this image of the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
that makes this muscle car really look like a life-sized toy. Maybe it’s the iconic lines of the Camaro, or perhaps it’s simply the bright blue paint job, but whatever it is we like what we see. Interestingly, in over 40 years of Camaro Hot Wheels toys, this is actually the first that’s been brought to life and sold to the public.
13) At lucky number 13 on our list is this image of the latest 2013 Chrysler 300 Motown Edition
. The white sedan is contrasted beautifully against the Detroit skyline behind it, showing to all that view it that even an industrial city like Detroit can create objects of beauty.
12) With miles of empty road ahead of you, winding its way through canyons and dotted hills, what better car to attack this dream-like surrounding than the new 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
. Looking at this image, you can almost hear its sweet exhaust note bouncing off those canyon walls as it screams past.
11) There’s nothing better than a beautiful action shot, and seeing the 662-horsepower 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
burning up the rears from just inches away makes this image almost droll-worthy. For about $60k, this is one supercar most of us can afford and it’s one we can lust over for days on end.
10) We’re now down to the final 10, and kicking off this list of finalists is the 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
. Like the legendary trail it’s named after, the Wrangler Rubicon exudes toughness and this is portrayed beautifully here.
2013 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Convertible Collector EditionEnlarge Photo
9) The current C6 Corvette is nearing the end of its run, with the new C7
just two weeks out from its debut. However, as this image of the 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible
confirms, the C6 still looks as fresh as the day it was launched.
8) We love this shot simply because it shows off all of the latest 2013 Land Rover Range Rover’s
best attributes. The big SUV with its beautiful and luxurious design is seen here demonstrating its dune-stalking, terrain-conquering prowess, perfectly conveying the strengths of the iconic off-roader in a single shot.
7) What would a best photos list be without a Ferrari or two, so it should be no surprise that an image of the Prancing Horse’s latest and greatest, the new F12 Berlinetta
, is in the top ten. If only we could be there to take this beauty through the Italian countryside behind it.
Hit the next page to see the final six photos in our list.