Eight Ferraris crash in expensive pile-up in JapanEnlarge Photo
18. In what has to be one of the most expensive car crashes this year, 14 luxury cars were involved in a pile-up in Japan. Eight of those vehicles were Ferraris. No one was physically hurt, but the psychic damage no doubt was greater than even that inflicted by Mr. Baseball.
17. It's bad enough when a clean C5 Chevrolet Corvette is crashed into a median on the highway. It makes matters worse when the world's worst tow truck driver shows up to remove the wreckage. This tow truck driver attempted multiple times to "claw" the Corvette, which makes us claw our eyes out in agony.
Wrecked Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 near the NurburgringEnlarge Photo
16. It's sad when any Porsche crashes. Well, maybe not a 924. But it's definitely worse when two Porsches crash, and when one is a rare 911 GT3 RS 4.0. Here, the drunk driver of a Chevrolet Corvette crossed the line and headed into one Porsche before colliding into the side of the second 911, inadvertently becoming a poster boy for mandatory sentencing laws at the same time.
Aston Martin Rapide crash captured on videoEnlarge Photo
15. Crashing an Aston Martin Rapide is one thing. Crashing the sleek four-door sedan and laughing it off is a whole different thing. Such was the case earlier this year when Roberto Ricci was cruising down the highway in a Rapide and accidentally turned the traction control off instead of putting the car into sport mode. He quickly lost control of the car and crashed into the side barrier of the highway. Luckily, both the Ricci and his passenger walked away from the incident.
McLaren MP4-12C crashes at Spa FrancorchampsEnlarge Photo
14. While few details were reported, we know a McLaren MP4-12C crashed during a track meet at the Spa Francorchamps race track. According to reports, the driver lost control in rainy conditions while traveling at speeds of up to 124 mph, or as McLaren owners call it, "just off idle."
Eight cars, including the BMW M3 Ring Taxi, crash on the NurburgringEnlarge Photo
13. Cars crash all the time on the Nurburgring. Car crashes involving eight cars including a BMW M3 Ring Taxi don't happen that often, though. This accident was caused by a British driver who came into a section too fast.