Related Photo Galleries
See more photos »
The crew at Hyundai have put their heads together with ARK Performance for the upcoming 2011 Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) show, and this is what resulted: a rally-bred 210-horsepower 2012 Veloster
with a boatload of upgrades and a funky paintjob.
For those that think rally cars require all-wheel drive, we can confirm that front-drivers are a ton of fun in the dirt. But beyond that, the ARK project Veloster shows off the potential of the car if you're willing to replace a healthy amount of OEM equipment.
The mechanical modification list includes:
- ARK Turbo Charger and Intercooler System
- ARK Intercooler Piping System
- ARK Custom Oil Cooler
- ARK Turbo Manifold
- ARK Lightweight Pulley System
- ARK Six-Pot Big Brake Kit
- ARK Eight-Point Chromoly Rally Style Roll Cage
- ARK DTP Track Coilover System
- ARK Upper Strut and Front and Rear Sway Bar
- ARK Camber and Control Arms
- ARK GRIP Dual Exhaust
- ARK RSEPC Downpipes and Test Pipes
There's also a host of interior and exterior aesthetic upgrades, including a tricked out audio system, a lot of Alcantara, and plenty of aerodynamic bits. Look forward to more about the car as the SEMA show draws nearer.