Cy Waits presents Paris Hilton with her birthday LFA
Someone much wiser (and ombrophobic) than us once said that when it rains it pours. And we believe it's true: this week has seen a deluge of celeb stories -- so many that we haven't been able to cover them all. And so, we resort to that time-honored blogging tradition: the weekly roundup.
• For starters, Paris Hilton is alive. (Seriously, when's the last time you heard that name? Hasn't it been, like, years?) Less surprising: she's got a boyfriend. And far, far less surprising still: he's loaded, and he's bought her a lovely new Lexus LFA for her 30th birthday. Given the LFA's recent media appearances -- and Paris' own fashion history -- we'd have expected her to be wearing a bikini when he gave her the keys. But no matter -- from the photo, it looks like she's about to thank him in her own special way. [MotorAuthority]
• Steve Jobs was allegedly spotted at the Stanford Cancer Center on Thursday, and an intrepid photog snapped a pic to sell to the National Enquirer. Only problem? He shot the wrong guy. Well, unless Jobs has traded in his Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG for a Honda Civic. The shutterbug probably would've figured that out if he'd looked in Jobs' fave parking spot. [WalkLikeSteveJobs via Joel]
• We're sorry to remind you that there's going to be a Transformers 3, and it's set to assault cineplexes this summer. Just to refresh tourists' memories, the film's marketing team parked Optimus Prime on a side street in Midtown Manhattan this week. Was that meant to be an understatement? Or could they not afford a more premium parking spot? [NYTimes]
• Elsewhere in New York, it was Mercedes-Benz Fashion week, and luxury automakers were out in full force. Jaguar was spotted toting around the likes of Petra Nemcova, while Jag's sister, Land Rover, dragged celebs into the freezing cold to pose with the LR4 at the rag & bone show. (The video looks slightly warmer.) [InteractiveJag, Marty]
• We're not British, and we don't get BBC channels here in the U.S. other than BBC America. (Reminder: Being Human season three starts Saturday!) Thankfully, some thoughtful blokes from across the pond flipped us this video of a Cosmo UK photoshoot featuring nearly nude reality TV personality Mark Wright (did you think we were going to say Katie Price?), reclining in a snazzy Aston Martin. Think of it as Friday eyecandy. [Cosmopolitan UK via Marty]