For starters, the great thing about opting for a specialty auto insurance provider over a traditional auto insurance provider is most specialty insurance providers offer the highest standard of protection Agreed Value. Both you and the insurance company agree on the actual vash calue of your Porsche, i.e., what your settlement amount will be in case of the loss of your car. If you both agree that your Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia is worth $70,800 and your vehicle is stolen or totaled, you will receive $70,800, less your deductible. Traditional auto insurance providers rarely offer this level of protection.
Next, specialty auto insurance providers typically offer the following:
- Genuine Porsche replacement parts
- Convenient 24/7 claims service
- Guaranteed lifetime workmanship on covered repairs through a Porsche repair facility or other authorized repair facility
- Exclusive relationships with high-end providers
In addition to Agreed Value, specialty auto insurance providers will also protect your Porsche Cayenne by providing:
- Physical damage coverage for theft, fire, car accidents, vandalism, weather related damages, etc.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability in case of an accident
- Uninsured motorist high performance car insurance
- Medical payments and personal injury protection (PIP insurance), which cover medical expenses, and in some cases lost wages and other damages
At $1,482 per year, the average auto insurance premium for the Porsche Cayenne is fairly low considering the value of this luxury vehicle. What you must keep in mind is: average rates are just that average. You might drive more miles than the average Porsche owner, you might live in a higher traffic area than the average owner, or you might be younger than the average Porsche owner. Many specialty auto insurance providers prefer to work with individuals age 25 or over. All of these factors (age, geographic location, gender, and mileage) will affect your rates as well as driving record, credit history, employment, number of drivers, and if you plan to insure multiple vehicles on the same policy. Luckily, all Porsche vehicles come loaded with superior safety features. This will help determine rates as well in your favor.
So, where should you look for specialty auto insurance providers? You can start by asking your dealership for a list of providers at the time of purchase. Your dealership will be more than happy to recommend some of the top specialty auto insurance providers in the country. You can also check with your state department of insurance. To locate your state department of insurance website for official figures. Simply search (your state) + insurance department to locate the official website address.
Michelle Burton is a published author and contributing editor for Auto Insurance Tips, Trouvé Media, Internet Brands, and Publications International, Ltd.