Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Dubbed “Ferrari World Abu Dhabi”, the new holiday destination will be the world’s first Ferrari theme park and the largest attraction of its kind. It features an iconic sleek red roof that’s said to be directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body, spanning 2,152,782 square feet and carrying the largest Ferrari logo ever created.
With more than 20 rides and attractions lying beneath it, including the world’s fastest roller coaster, there should be something for people of all ages. Easily the crowning jewel of the park, “Formula Rossa” gives park guests the opportunity to experience 4.8 Gs of acceleration and elevates them to a height of 170 feet before rushing them turns mimicking some of the most famous race tracks on Earth. The F1 inspired ride is so fast, it requires riders to wear goggles for eye protection.
Visitors can also experience what it’s like to tour through Ferrari’s Maranello factory aboard the ‘Made in Maranello’ attraction, where they can gain an insight into the making of the actual cars. On top of that there will also be plenty of shops and restaurants to visit.
The theme park is located on Yas Island on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland, which is about a 10 minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 50 minutes from Yas Marina Circuit where the F1 is held.
Below is a list of the major attractions:
- Formula Rossa - The world's fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 150 mph.
- Speed of Magic - A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before.
- Made in Maranello - A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the intricate process of making the world's most sought after car.
- V12 - An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi theme parkEnlarge Photo
- Scuderia Challenge - Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
- Viaggio in Italia - A virtual aerial voyage over Italy's cities and their main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
- Fiorano GT Challenge - A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
- Bell'Italia - A miniature recreation of Italy's most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.