Related Photo Galleries
See more photos »
This is not the Boss Mustang we were hoping for but it's a step in the right direction as Ford Racing announces an "off-road only" 2010 Boss 302R limited edition Mustang. This Mustang was developed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Mustang Boss 302's iconic 1970 Trans-Am championship win with Parnelli Jones behind the wheel. The Boss 302R is a factory-built road racing Mustang powered by a 5.0-liter 4-valve motor mated to a six-speed transmission producing an estimated 400 horsepower. Other goodies include a roll cage, race dampers/springs, brakes, race seats and safety harnesses.
Details are a bit scarce but we do know the MSRP will be an estimated $79,000 with production being limited to just 50 units. Also, build and delivery dates are scheduled for sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2010. An optional 2010 Grand-Am Homologation Spec Package for $129,000 will also be available to compete in the KONI Challenge.
For more details check out the release sent out to dealers nationwide.
Ford Racing is proud to announce the development of a new race-prepared road racing Mustang – the 2010 Ford Racing Boss 302R.
The Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302R will be a factory-built race car, ready for track days and road racing in a number of SCCA and NASA classes. An optional Grand-Am Homologation Package will be available for the Grand-Am KONI Challenge series. While details are intentionally limited at this time, the following should help you assess the product and its appeal.
- Continue the winning tradition of Mustang racing
- Build limited to 50 units
- Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
- Estimated pricing, $79,000 MSRP
- Build/delivery in 3rd -4th Qtr 2010
- Ford Racing Part #: M-FR500-BOSSR
2010 Boss 302R Mustang Specs:
- 400 hp (est.) 5.0L 4V engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Roll cage
- Race dampers/springs, brakes, tire
- Race seats, safety harness
Optional – Grand-Am Homologation Package
2010 Grand-Am spec/approved package (Part Number: M-FR500-BOSSR1) for KONI Challenge includes:
- Sealed high output race engine with upgraded cooling system
- Close ratio 6-speed transmission with integral shifter
- Seam-welded body
- Race suspension/KONI dampers and ABS brake tuning
- Race wheels/tires
- Race performance exhaust
- High speed balance 1-piece driveshaft
- Racing fuel cell
- Race data acquisition
- Grand-Am spec vehicle is estimated to be $129,000 MSRP
Orders / Feedback
- Vehicle orders should be placed with the Ford Racing warehouse, 800-367-3786.
- Priority delivery will be given to multiple vehicle orders.
- An “off road only” competition release will be required prior to delivery of the race car to the dealer.
- Production of only 50 units is under consideration for 2010, so dealers are encouraged to submit their orders before December 31, 2009.
Source: MustangHeaven.com via Ford Racing