porsche 2009 nurburgring 24 hours winner 006
First place went to Manthey Racing team’s Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, which managed to cover 155 laps in the 24 hour periodEnlarge Photo
Clocking up 3,933km (2,443mi) the Manthey Racing squad improved on its own distance record from 2006 by a further 101km (62.8mi). Furthermore, Timo Bernhard and Marcel Tiemann are the first drivers to win the long distance classic four times in succession. All in all, Tiemann has climbed to the top of the podium five times, making him the most successful driver of the 24-hour race.
Just one lap behind was Audi’s new R8 LMS race car, but with seven 911 race cars in the top ten there’s no denying that Porsche was easily the most successful manufacturer.
Overall result for 2009 Nurburgring 24-hour race:
1. Bernhard/Lieb/Dumas/Tiemann, Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 155 laps
2. Abt/Hemroulle/Kaffer/Luhr, Audi R8 LMS, 154
3. Collard/Henzler/Lietz/Werner, Porsche GT3 Cup S, 152
4. Alzen/Bert/Arnold/Mies, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 150
5. Basseng/Fässler/Rockenfeller/Stippler, Audi R8 LMS, 149
6. Schmitz/Abbelen/Althoff/Heyer, Porsche 911 GT3, 149
7. Kräling/Gindorf/Scharmach/Holzer, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, 149
8. Bermes/Kainz/Schmickler/Bergmeister, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S, 148
9. Quinn/Quinn/Baird/Denyer, Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 146
10. Adams/Ludwig/Meier/Grossmann, BMW Z4 M Coupe, 145