Advertisement

No ‘baby Cayenne’ says Porsche CEO

 

No ‘baby Cayenne’ says Porsche CEO

No ‘baby Cayenne’ says Porsche CEO

Enlarge Photo
Porsche boss Wendelin Wiedeking has denied rumors that there’s a new Porsche SUV in development positioned below the Cayenne. Speaking at the general meeting in Stuttgart on Tuesday, Wiedeking said that there will be “no baby Cayenne” and that all focus is centered on the successful launch of the new Panamera four-door sport-coupe for 2009.

Last month, Germany’s Autobild reported that Porsche was building a new SUV based on the platform developed for the new VW Tiguan and Audi Q5, and even proposed that it could be called the ‘Roxster’.

Wiedeking has previously mentioned that he’d like to see further utilization of the new production facilities being set up to accommodate the Panamera, so we may still see a new model from Porsche. This will most likely be a front-engined GT Coupe running a shortened Panamera platform, a true successor for the original Porsche 928.

Posted in:
Advertisement
 
 

Have an opinion?

  • Posting indicates you have read this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
  • Notify me when there are more comments
Comment (1)
  1. Oh thank all the gods that Porsche is not going that way... Relieved beyond words...
     
    Post Reply
    Vote
    Bad stuff?

 

Have an opinion? Join the conversation!

Follow Us

Advertisement

Take Us With You!

 
Advertisement
Advertisement

Research New Cars

Go!


 
© 2014 MotorAuthority. All Rights Reserved. MotorAuthority is published by High Gear Media. Stock photography by Homestar, LLC. Send us feedback.